Revenue Cycle System Specialist
Job posting number: #7098787 (Ref:10016200)
Posted: April 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, enhancing, and maintaining appropriate workflow processes for the revenue cycle. This includes ensuring that existing systems, including billing, ADT and other relevant revenue cycle applications, are optimally configured. Will play a primary role in ensuring that the staff utilizing the applicable systems is properly trained in all relevant aspects of the revenue cycle systems. Will also participate in the assessment and evaluation of new systems and play a key role in the conversion and installation of new systems. Provides technical and user support for existing systems and assists in developing and producing management reports for a variety of revenue cycle users. Provides overall technical leadership for key revenue cycle areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provides system and workflow design analysis in order to improve the productivity, efficiency and accuracy of revenue cycle data/activity
- Responsible for training revenue cycle staff in all relevant aspects of various revenue cycle systems.
- Assist in designing and develop various management reports and information requests from revenue cycle managers.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of all applicable report writing tools
- Provides technical assistance including hardware/software appraisal and operational/programming consideration.
- Works with management and users in defining major systems/processes to be computerized or upgraded.
- Stays current with significant state rules federal rules and legislation impacting the revenue cycle.
- Assists ITS in preparing detailed specifications for new system acquisitions or upgrades.
- Coordinates or assists in coordinating implementation of systems, including hardware/software installation and user training.
- Provides ongoing support to end-users for various applications.
- Responds to calls from users requiring information on system performance and use, defining enhancements, and resolving problems.
- Attends meetings with users to discuss related systems. Provides follow-up in relation to progress of requests and resolution of problems.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
- Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree, Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Three to five years in a Revenue Cycle related Business analyst position working with large multi-user systems
- Healthcare revenue cycle experience
- Structured development techniques in system development.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent human relation skills
- Computer Information Science or related field
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.