Senior Research Technologist - Flow Cytometry Core
Job posting number: #7096318 (Ref:25809543232)
Posted: March 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Assists staff investigator with experimental design and planning/developing technical aspects of research projects.
- Plans, organizes, performs and monitors daily project protocols.
- Collects, prepares and maintains required research documentation, including informed consent records, case records, clinical notes and medical reports.
- Reports and assists with the management of protocol deviations, adverse events and other project-related issues.
- Assists with the preparation and delivery of internal/external presentations, conference reports/lectures, and publishing submissions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Required. Associate's in laboratory science field may offset one year of the experience requirement. Bachelor's degree may offset two years of the experience requirement. Master's may offset three years of the work experience requirement.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of six years of experience in a research or related laboratory environment, which has developed the ability to work independently on a variety of research projects, demonstrated through a thorough understanding of research laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Must be innovative in designing and developing techniques and familiar with maintaining budgets.
- Requirements include good near visual acuity and color acuity.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.