Patient Access Representative
Job posting number: #7096317 (Ref:25809545536)
Posted: March 23, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs registrations by completing an accurate face to face interview to obtain demographic, insurance, medical and financial information.
- Performs preregistration for diagnostic testing and surgeries by contacting the patient via phone and completing an accurate interview to obtain demographic, insurance, medical and financial information.
- Schedules services and provides physician office/patient accurate date and time information, realizing room availability, physician availability, typical time needed to completion of procedure, and procedures that conflict with each other. Completes procedure specific questionnaires as needed to assist clinical departments to prepare for patients.
- Reviews eligibility response to assess patient's benefit level. Prepares patient estimates either using software or following established policies and procedures. Advises patients of out-of-pocket expenses and collects payment. Applies payments and discounts in accordance with established procedures. Maintains security of payments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes screening tool for self-pay patients to determine any possible payer source. Refers patients to Financial Counselors in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Advises patients of, and generates Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN) and/or Assumption of Financial Responsibility (AFR) form as appropriate.
- Obtains, scans, and indexes physician orders
- Cross trained to staff all areas of Patient Access
- Maintains productivity and quality standards for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains open communication with physicians and their offices, patients, and ancillary areas in the facility.
- Acts as a resource for training of new team members and during implementation of new processes.
- Completes annual on-going competency requirements. Attends continuing education programs and completes mandatory training in order to maintain certification/licensure, department specific requirements and professional growth.
- Follows System and departmental policies and procedures with special attention to attendance, punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of high school or GED.
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to maintain accuracy in job duties, multi-task, and exercise independent judgment. Must be proficient in Data Entry as evidenced by the successful completion of the Alphanumeric test administered by Human Resources. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Knowledge of medical terminology. Successful completion of medical terminology test administered by Human Resources required. Excellent customer service skills required.
- One year work experience with customer service.
- One year hospital clerical or billing preferred.
- Higher education and training can offset requested work experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.