IT Security Analyst
Job posting number: #7092804
Posted: January 25, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
The IT Security Analyst performs two core functions for the institution. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems. Secondary tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and or maintenance of policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the institution’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (include certifications)
Salary Range $50,000 commensurate with education and experience
Salary Type Salary
Time Type Full-Time
Work Location MU - Marshall University
Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or related field and a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Extensive experience with network and application vulnerability assessment, enterprise endpoint anti-malware protection, asset inventory configuration management.
• Experience with use of reporting tools to extract, transform, interpret and summarize data collected from web applications, system databases, and security event logs.
• Working technical knowledge of network firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, data encryption/data loss prevention, network access controls, virtualization and cloud-hosted services.
• Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and Linux operating systems.
• Familiarity with common scripting and shell environments such as Python, PowerShell, VBscript, DOS, Bash.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
Certifications in the area of information security/assurance, digital forensics, CompTIA Security+, (ISC)2, MCSA: Security, GIAC is preferred.
- CompTIA Security+
- GIAC Information Security Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security
- Associate of (ISC)2