Postdoctoral Fellow - Jos Melenhorst Lab
Job posting number: #7092745 (Ref:22212767776)
Posted: January 25, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We seek enthusiastic candidates for several postdoctoral fellow positions in the laboratory of Dr. Jos Melenhorst, the Vice-Chair of the Center for Immunotherapy at the Cleveland Clinic. The post-doctoral positions are for highly motivated candidates who thrive in a highly collaborative work environment and with a background in immunology, molecular and cellular biology to join a research group focused on immunotherapy research. Projects will involve design of chimeric antigen receptors specific for cell surface and intracellular antigens, functional genomics using genetic and pharmacologic methods, genome engineering, and mouse modeling. Applicants should hold a PhD and/or MD degree and have strong laboratory and analytical skills. Experience in molecular biology, bioinformatics, or single cell multi-omics would be very helpful.
Principal Investigator: Jos Melenhorst, PhD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Center for Immunotherapy and Precision Immuno-Oncology
Lab Research Topics:
- Tumor microenvironment
- Functional genomics using high-throughput pipelines, including CRISPR/Cas
- To immunogene therapy in cancer patients
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/citi/ or contact Allison Borrelli at [email protected]
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Conducts research focused on immunotherapy and T cell and genomic engineering.
- Group focused on immunotherapy research
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
- Research Statement
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.