Job posting number: #7092410 (Ref:21984232768)
Posted: January 18, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Assess health status by completing a nursing assessment.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Notifies physician/LIP of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team.
- Collaborates with care coordinators to ensure smooth and effective transitions of care.
- Assists with specialized diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Assist with specialized patient care equipment as required by the clinical department and medical specialty assigned.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by physician/LIP and monitors patients for response.
- Initiates CPR and other emergency measures. Covers other nursing roles within the department
- Provides health education to patients and families. Develops, evaluates, adapts, and documents education to learning needs. Assists in preparation of the department specific education for patients and colleagues.
- Facilitates smooth operation of the ambulatory areas.
- Participates in quality initiatives, process improvements, and research activities to improve patient outcomes, patient experience, and patient safety.
- Maintains professional growth and development in the nursing field and identified annual core competencies.
- Some RN Ambulatory work may require travel within the region to support physician clinics and surgical procedures in various locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- In areas performing moderate sedation procedures and/or cardiac stress testing, must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- The ability to travel within Cleveland Clinic regional locations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum one year recent experience as a Registered Nurse.
- If current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting transferring into a RN role but remaining in the same current ambulatory Cleveland Clinic setting will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and/or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience (e.g. Dialysis Tech., Ambulatory CT., in lieu of RN experience, or if current Cleveland Clinic Caregiver in a clinical role within the same specialty area as ambulatory area transferring into will consider current LPN, Medical Assistant, and /or other unlicensed clinical healthcare experience(Dialysis Tech. , Ambulatory CT., Inpatient PCNA, inpatient C.T., Inpatient LPN, in lieu of RN experience. Current demonstrated clinical competence.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- May requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.