Research Assistant I - Medicine - Endocrinology (90002356)
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7092154 (Ref:9957-en_US)
Posted: January 12, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.