The Research Associate will assist with implementation and dissemination of epidemiology research to expand the research of the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center (DLDCCC) Community Outreach and Engagement (COE) program activities. This entails public health, multi-component health system based interventions and continuous planning for renewals and new projects. Works closely with the PIs on grant projects and tracking outcomes.
- Public health, dissemination, implementation and epidemiological research to expand the reach of DLDCCC COE activities to the recently expanded catchment area.
- Multi-component health-system-based interventions to improve cancer prevention and control – ongoing projects as well as continuous planning for renewals or new research projects.
- Community-based participatory research projects (i.e., adaptation of Family Eats project).
- Other community engaged research activities for the COE, as assigned.
- Manage assigned projects to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives.
- Work with director and PIs to analyze project goals and develop action plans and processes for projects and community events from inception to completion.
- Coordinate efforts between various parties (internal & external); coordinate project activities; assign tasks and provides guidance to personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of the project.
- Confer with peers & staff to explain project and individual responsibilities for functions and phases of the project.
- Prepare or participate in the preparation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals.
- Prepare research protocols and operations and procedure manuals for the conduct of community engagement activities.
- Manage and review reports and record of activities to ensure progress is made toward specified program objectives and participates in the preparation of evaluation reports.
- Assist in writing, editing and proofreading a wide range of materials, including training materials, video scripts, reports, patient and public educational materials, digital content, multi-media presentations, and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with others, within and outside the DLDCCC, to implement produced resources and materials.
- Coordinate interagency and interdepartmental meetings in order to cultivate relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage the COE's Theater Outreach Program and support related educational and outreach activities, as required.
- Work effectively with other COE's members to develop educational programs, engagement efforts or other project activities.
- Support other COE community outreach and education activities as required.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Masters degree or PhD in Public Health, Health Promotion, Epidemiology
- Bilingual in Spanish
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
- Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective.
- Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve.
- Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.
Please mention to the employer that you saw this ad on Sciencejobs.org