Food Service Aide
1320 Mercy Drive N.W., OH
Job posting number: #7091315 (Ref:21235742912)
Posted: January 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Food Service Aide assists in meal tray delivery to patients. Duties include assisting in restocking menu items for patient tray service, assisting in the delivery of late trays and between meal nourishments, efficiently retrieving trays upon completion of the meal service, and assisting in the dish room. The role is responsible for maintaining departmental procedures in assigned work areas and for inventory and restocking floor nourishment stock as needed.
- Assist in patient meal assembly and delivery to patients.
- Assist in restocking menu items for patient tray service.
- Assist in the delivery of late trays and between meal nourishments, efficiently retrieving trays upon completion of the meal service.
- Assist in dish room.
- Maintain departmental procedures in assigned work areas, inventory, and restocking floor nourishment stock as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a FULL TIME position 7:00am - 3:30pm 40 hrs per week
- Communicates to management any problems or issues that need assistance.
- Prepares food trays for both general and special diets, maintaining proper temperatures for hot and cold foods.
- Assists food services lead and/or supervisor as needed.
- Loads dishwashers and hand-washes items such as pots, pans, knives.
- Mops floors and cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Maintains food safety labels and dating of food products in kitchen area.
- Observes infection control practices, safety standards, and food handling principles at all times.
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, problem-solving, and sound judgment.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Continually lift, push/pull, stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to handle situations using patience, flexibility, and concentration.
- Reasoning and problem-solving abilities required for meeting changing demands of assigned areas and units.
Educational, Licensure, & Experience Requirements
- Completion of 10th grade in high school required.
- Previous food service experience in a hospitality, hotel, or hospital setting preferred.
Keywords: Food Service, Healthcare Food Service, Culinary Arts, Chef, Food Preparer, Food Handling
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.