Respiratory Therapist $5k Sign On Bonus
Job posting number: #7090327 (Ref:4928714736)
Posted: December 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for validation.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) and/or Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate for site.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for site.
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when appropriate for site.
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.