APRN/PA III NE - Express/Primary Care
Job posting number: #7090323 (Ref:19595800432)
Posted: December 8, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
PA: Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who provides primary and or specialty medical care (the practice of medicine) in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions the collaboration agreement of a Physician, (as per O.R.C. 4730) performs complete histories and physicals on patients of all ages to establish and record patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan to provide continuing medical care, including daily examinations, writing orders, chart notes, discharging patients and completing discharge summaries. This medical care may be in a variety of clinical settings. PA's are privileged by the Board of Governors. PA's in this role provide advanced care to patients with in any setting in which patients require complex, acute, critical and chronic health conditions. Practice in a setting that requires complex monitoring and therapies and high intensity medical/surgical interventions and/or continuous vigilance within the range of high-acuity care.
Conducts thorough medical histories, performs complete physical examinations (where indicated), initiates appropriate lab, radiology tests or other special tests required for evaluation of illness, and scrutinizes lab data on new and former clinic patients and hospital admissions to establish a record of the patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan. Must be able to work with collaborating physician. Performs and interprets, at least to the point of recognizing deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiologic, cardiographic and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes as privileged by CCF Credentialing Board. Performs routine procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, managing simple conditions produced by infection or trauma, assisting in the management of more complex illness and injury which may include assisting surgeons in conducting operations and taking initiative in performing evaluation and therapeutic procedures in response to life-threatening situations, as privileged by CCF Credentialing Board. May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through applicable state Board of Nursing/Medicine and CCF policy. Performs specialized procedures, including bone marrow aspirations, biopsies and harvest, blood draws, designated IV starts, spinal taps, thoracentesis and paracentesis as well as other specific procedures as directed by the physician, following approval by CCF Credentialing Board. Provides information and answers routine questions of patients regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking and topics related to medical specialty, with basic recommendations. Educates patients regarding their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects and hazards. Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care Refers patients to specialists as appropriate for consultation or for specialized health resources and treatment. Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or with other specialty areas as necessary. Performs research follow-up studies. Assists in data analysis. Participates in quality monitoring thru the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care. Facilitates appropriate length of stay, discharge planning and compliance with regulatory standards for inpatient management. May serve as clinical preceptor for PA/APRN students and other health professionals. May serve as Faculty for onboarding new employees. Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior. Demonstrates compassion and professionalism and a commitment to excellent patient care. Routinely takes call and works some off shift hours: Weekends/holidays, possibly nights Some special procedure privileging is required Other duties as assigned.
- APRN: EDUCATION: Effective 05/01/2014: MSN required upon hire or within 5 years of hire for external hires and internal hires moving from a non-APRN licensed role to an APRN licensed role.
- Graduate of an accredited ARPN training program.
- PA: EDUCATION: Graduate of an A.R.C.-approved Physician Assistant Program.
- Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies and/or applicable state license through the State Medical Board for certificate to practice.
- APRN: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in applicable state.
- National certification as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by nationally accredited organization recognized by state Board of Nursing, current licensure by applicable state Board of Nursing, (including certificate to prescribe if applicable).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through the American Heart Association (AHA); or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) may be required based upon work setting.
- PA: Current certification as a Physician Assistant through the NCCPA (or successor).
- Must have Prescriptive authority or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the State Medical Board within the first 6 months of hiring.
- Must have a Physician Supervision Agreement (listed on State Medical Board website) and/or signed addendum to Physician Supervision Agreement.
- Must be privileged by CCF's Credentialing Board.
- If candidate has held a license to prescribe within another jurisdiction and needs to obtain a Master's degree in order to apply for CT prescribe from applicable state, the candidate will be subject for review for eligibility for hiring within our system.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required based upon work setting.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- APRN/PA: Excellent analytical and decision making skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment and diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize the electronic medical record.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Depending on practice, surgical fields may require surgical experience.
- APRN: Two years clinical advanced practice nursing experience preferred.
- PA: Two years relative clinical experience preferred.
- APRN/PA: Typical physical demands include the ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to perform physical examinations.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to a normal range.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May require exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.