Air Quality Data Analyst
La Mirada, CA
Job posting number: #7090287
Posted: December 7, 2021
Application Deadline: January 7, 2022
The Data Analyst applies mathematical, statistical, and engineering modeling and analytical techniques to the analysis of research and survey data for the Air Quality Science Department, and if needed, to various departments within IQAir. Tasks are performed in adherence with company policy.
• Technically minded with a high degree of ability with data analysis
• A high level of accountability, accuracy and versatility
• High-attention-to-detail, flexibility, follow-through, judgment and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate and influence effectively
• A high level of professionalism and positive attitude a must!
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously will be the key to success in this position.
• Prepares graphs, charts, and statistical summaries from derived data; determines appropriate data collection methods for use in research projects; and may assist in determining methods for more complex studies.
• Processing data using statistical software employing numerical methods, parametric statistical and dispersion modelling of air quality data
• Performing analysis; validation and interpretation of air quality data and supporting information form special studies and other sources
• Identifying and resolving data anomalies
• Ensures that superior customer service is delivered and customer questions and concerns are handled with speed and professionalism.
• Works in a call center environment.
• Other projects as assigned
• Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in written form
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, atmospheric science, environmental health science, atmospheric and environmental chemistry, environmental science, or other physical sciences with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
• Understand theories, principles and practices of, and related techniques/methods of Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Atmospheric Sciences or Mathematics and related survey design techniques as well as field investigation methods, atmospheric dispersion modelling techniques, theories principles and practices of air quality assessment.
• Knowledge of proper siting of instrumentation (e.g. taking into account overall atmospheric conditions such as wind currents, heat implications, air flow pattern due to location of buildings, etc.); knowledge of selection/set up of instrumentation (e.g. to accurately measure chemical content of emissions, identify volatile organic compounds), and knowledge of appropriate data analysis/interpretation (e.g. to identify the nomenclature used in the scientific reports)
• Theory, design and operation of air pollution measurement equipment.
• Superior knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Excel & Word
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
May be required to attend and participate in professional development activities both in and outside the company to stay abreast of new developments and best practices.