San Francisco, CA
Job posting number: #7090073
Posted: December 3, 2021
Application Deadline: January 1, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Us
We’re Endless West, makers of molecular spirits. Our small, independent team of scientists, sommeliers, writers, chefs, and dropouts is creating the next generation of wine and spirits. Our work has already attracted significant interest from a range of people — whiskey enthusiasts, scientists, members of the culinary world, creatives in design, technology, and fashion — across the country. And we’re just getting going.
We’re relentlessly curious, optimistic enough to run after ambitious ideas, and skeptical enough to analyze every angle and consider every option. We support each other as colleagues and care about each other as people, believing that the health of our business can be measured by the health of our team. We are obsessed with leveraging scientific learning, creative storytelling and business expertise to explore the limits of what’s possible.
Everyone is welcome at Endless West. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable, and a passion for our mission goes a long way.
About the Role
The role of Associate Formula & Regulatory Specialist is to provide support in securing formula and product approvals for all alcoholic beverages that we develop. Responsibilities include regular review of new flavor/product formulas and the preparation of formula applications for regulatory approval by the TTB. The role reports directly to the CTO.
You are analytical, process-oriented, and thorough. Your attention to detail and your task management skills are stellar. You’ve worked with cross-functional stakeholders to get a project approved and across the finish line. On a high level, you’re excited by the prospect of starting a cultural shift in the role that science and technology play in the lives of consumers, specifically within food and drink. The ideal candidate has a background in food and bev, having worked in product development and/or regulatory roles (strong preference for alcohol beverage experience).
- Secure and maintain approvals for flavors and product formulas across all SKU and brand variations
- Review ingredients list from product team for compliance, format the data to meet TTB standards, and complete all
regulatory filings as required by the TTB for formula approval
- Maintain internal controls and stringent records for formula reviews and submissions
- Help ensure formula compliance for domestic and international markets
- Support any formula changes to our growing list of approved products and flavors (i.e., product reformulations,
modification of a formula for export, and other changes to existing formulas or flavors)
- Collaborate with operations, product development, legal, and marketing teams
- Support the development of formula compliance policies, systems, and controls
Experience and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Excel: LOOKUP, pivot tables
- Good understanding of basic science/chemistry: dilution calculations, unit conversions, density calculations
- Familiarity with FDA-CFR, FEMA GRAS, and TTB
- Experience in submitting both Nonbev and Finbev applications with the TTB is a big plus
- Experience in alcohol beverage is a plus
- Stellar recordkeeping is a must
Why Endless West?
We’ve got the standard benefits…
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Commuter benefits/401K/FSA/DCFSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Ambassador’s Program ($250/quarter to purchase Endless West products)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
We’ve got the unique culture that you’ve been looking for...
- A small, collaborative team. We don’t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy’s sake.
- Smart, friendly colleagues.
- Actual autonomy and agency. We choose empowerment over micromanagement.
- A team that values EQ as much as IQ.
- A team that values hard work but believes in the importance of self-care and taking meaningful breaks.
- An environment that encourages empathetic debate. We state cases, defend positions, argue productively, and make decisions together. We don’t have any issues with being wrong. People’s opinions are actively sought out and valued.
- An environment where we not only acknowledge the hard work and successes of our teammates, but also celebrate them.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Please apply!