Aide Food Service Trayline PT/PRN
Job posting number: #7090035 (Ref:19286034416)
Posted: December 3, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Accurately dishes up, portions out, assembles, serves, weighs and measures food items according to production sheet, menu, set up diagrams or other verbal or written communications. Arranges food on dishes in appetizing & neat manner. Produces the expected volume and quality of work in an accurate and consistent manner following proper food handling procedures. Meets time schedules.
- Accurately prepares quality food items in accordance with production sheets, recipes and menus. Operates kitchen equipment necessary to perform tasks (e.g. food processing and preparation equipment). Prepares food on the grill or in ovens or using induction stoves according to established procedures. Prepares cold food items in accordance to production sheets and recipes. Preps vegetables for production use. Assists the cooks as directed; participates in the process of preparing food.
- If applicable to position, assists in the assembly of foods for final preparation. Assembles, transports and picks up patient trays to and from patient rooms. Assists nutrition assistants (host/hostess) as needed to ensure quality patient service.
- If applicable to position, assists as directed in the process of preparation, serving set-up and clean-up of special dinners and luncheons for meeting throughout the Medical Center.
- Follows proper sanitation procedures, maintains and leaves a clean, sanitized and organized work area. Practices proper food handling techniques and the "clean as you go" policy. Organizes supplies and food products in efficient, organized manner.
- Disassembles patient trays according to dish room and infection control procedures.
- Operates dish machine loading/unloading as necessary.
- Reports any failure or malfunction of equipment or utility, i.e., gas, electric, water, steam, to a supervisory person immediately.
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with other employees in the Food Service Department and other departments. Practices team care. Is courteous to customers, patients, and visitors.
- Performs other similar or lesser skills or tasks as directed by member of management or supervisory staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- High school graduate or the equivalent preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to measure/weigh, add/subtract and multiply/divide during food preparation.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal directions.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use and clean kitchen and dish room equipment.
- Ability to safely utilize cleaning chemicals and other kitchen cleaning utensils and equipment.
- Strong customer service ability.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability communicate clearly and positively to patients and staff when conveying information.
- Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced work environment with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and positive working relationships with patients, managers, nursing and other staff.
- Experience in food service preferred or the ability to perform food service general duties.
- Ability to work in hot kitchen around hot equipment and a variety of other potential hazards ranging from spills on floors to sharp cutting equipment (knives, slicer). Ability to withstand changes in work environment temperatures (hot kitchen to cooler).
- An insensitivity to allergic reactions to required sanitation chemicals, gloves, food and supplies used and essential to the job.
- Ability to work in wet environment with hands frequently exposed to water.
- Must have physical qualifications to walk, stand for extended periods of time, as well as entering walk-in coolers and freezers to obtain needed products, with assistance when necessary.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.