Patient Service Specialist
Garfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7089886 (Ref:19160007792)
Posted: December 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs registrations by completing an accurate face to face interview to obtain demographic, insurance, medical and financial information.
- Cross-trained to staff all areas of Patient Access at any facility, including but not limited to, Front Desk, Admitting Office, ED and Cashier.
- Maintains productivity and quality standards.
- Functions as a Super User.
- Acts as a resource for training of new team members and during the implementation of new processes.
- Provided registration and cash collection access in Epic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Basic PC software application knowledge and ability to use multiple data systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology sufficient to understand physician orders or completion of course within 1 year.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain composure in difficult situations in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional approach and communicates effectively with customers and team members.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a customer facing role with in person or phone contact.
- An Associates degree may substitute for up to one year of the stated experience.
- A Bachelors degree my substitute for up to two years of the stated experience.
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move around the department and throughout the facility.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Excessive walking and standing while obtaining patient information when using laptop computer on wheeled device for bedside registration.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.