Job posting number: #7089882 (Ref:19167732064)
Posted: December 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing protocol.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validates and documents patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: RN Dialysis, Dialysis RN, ICU Dialysis, Renal, Kidney
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.