DME Care Coordination Liaison
Job posting number: #7089823 (Ref:19099343680)
Posted: November 30, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Maintain positive rapport and working relationship with referrals
- Identify growth opportunities within facilities/departments
- Assess, process and streamline respiratory referrals for service initiation.
- Ensure adequate documentation and prescriptive adherence of all referrals
- Monitor and respond to ECIN placements within expected time-frames
- Educate on DMEPOS order requirements and competitive bidding
- Provide, instruct and educate patients and family on respiratory equipment (i.e. oxygen systems and nebulizers)
- Provide a positive patient experience with CC Homecare Respiratory Services.
- Procure all necessary equipment documentation during instruction at start of care
- Coordinate and monitor proper equipment inventory to accommodate starts of care volumes
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory and accrediting bodies
- Follow intake, verification and validation SOP's (i.e. valid prescriptions and medical records)
- Travel required locally
- Maintain necessary CE requirements as set forth by regulatory agencies.
- Communicates pertinent information to team members
- Stores supplies and equipment securely and safely according to DOT, OSHA, TJC and other regulatory groups
- Handles hazardous material safely according to FDA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
Valid Ohio Driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$3000,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires analytical thinking and problem solving skills, decisive judgment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), documentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment with ability to prioritize and work cooperatively with clients, patients and external contacts.
- Knowledge of medical diagnosis and medications terminology.
- Minimum of 2 years related Healthcare experience.
- Experience should include independent decision making and the ability to elicit information from patients in distress.
- HME experience a plus in any of these positions; RT, Driver, Technician, Customer Service, Sales.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
- Ability to properly move oxygen cylinders
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations.
- Ability to travel regionally.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: liaison, RT, DME, durable medical, respiratory therapy
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.