SQL Developer for Data Warehouse Technology
Job posting number: #7089620 (Ref:BSU28355)
Posted: November 23, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Or, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree:
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years.
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and generate complex data extracts from the Ball State ERP System (Oracle/Ellucian Banner) in order to populate and maintain the BSU data warehouse environment. Performs coordination, analysis, and systems tasks including design, programming, testing, and documentation (Meta data) of new and existing data sources related to institutional data views for historical reporting responsibilities.
- Work with Banner ERP System and Oracle database development tools such as SQL Developer in writing SQL code and periodically compiling and maintaining PL/SQL statements.
- Support the enterprise database server environment, providing analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation, backup, restore and additional routine types of database support.
- Maintain database servers and software to ensure that it is up to date and configured with best practices as defined by the software vendor and university policies.
- Evolve existing systems, processes and procedures with best practices in database analysis, design, and creation. Assist with process improvement within and outside of IT.
- Exercise considerable decision-making responsibility with determining the appropriate source and data definitions to address data infrastructure issues, reporting, and compliance mandates. Resolve data issues as directed by the supervisor and relevant university committees.
- Provide rapid incident response and speedy resolution for database problems. Document resolutions to incidents and prepare operational plans to ensure that the incident is not repeated.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with service providers, vendors, other IT departmental units and other areas of the university.
- Support the use of appropriate information security controls to protect systems. Manage user access to all enterprise databases in accordance with the policies determined by the Director of Enterprise Information Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.