CAPITAL AND DEBT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR
Job posting number: #7087739 (Ref:hlj_33588)
Posted: October 25, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Capital and Debt Management Director
- The Capital and Debt Management Director will be responsible for developing and maintaining short and long term cash forecasting processes, ensuring maximum returns on available cash sources and making recommendations to the Joint Investment committee on uses of cash outside of our investment portfolio.
- This role will also manage capital planning activities, including developing financing plans for expansion, growth and non-core activities, assessing and managing debt capacity and overall debt structure as well as collaborate and assist with public debt offerings
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will be a CPA, with experience in commercial banking, investment banking, capital markets or treasury
- The candidate will also have experience in planning, budgeting and forecasting systems.
- Completes short and long term cash forecasting models in collaboration with the Financial Planning & Analysis team and Accounting.
- Develops recommendations to maximize investment income and resources not immediately necessary for working capital
- Collaborates with Accounting and Financial Analysis to identify working capital needs over both short and long term periods
- Develops sensitivity models reflecting risk based scenarios for cash needs
- Collaborate with Accounting to set targets for operational accounts and investment into short term opportunities to maximize cash
- Develops financing plans for growth in clinical, non-clinical and research related activities
- Develops debt capacity analysis including ratios, modeling and sensitivity analysis to evaluate debt structure
- Evaluates investment capacity for non-core activities including novel business ideas and opportunities
- Articulate recommendation using strong verbal written and visualization skills to convey complex ideas
- Present recommendations to executive leadership and board committees and members
- Support quarterly forecasting including ensuring appropriate cash forecasting methodologies and investment income activities
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field (MBA or MHA Preferred)
- Eight (8) years’ experience in commercial banking, investment banking, capital markets or treasury
- Three (3) years of financial modeling or forecasting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Experience in financial analysis in a healthcare setting
- Experience with financial data
- Proficient at developing presentations and presenting results.
- Demonstrated transaction experience in financing governmental and/or tax-exempt entities
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.