MANAGER, VETERINARY NURSING
Romeoville, United Kingdom
Job posting number: #7087298
Posted: October 18, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionThe VNC (Veterinary Nursing Coordinator) Manager partners with the VMT (Veterinary Medical Technology) Program Director and the Attending Veterinarian (AV) to maintain programmatic daily operations by ensuring student and animal support through VNC/lab assistant staffing, inventory, equipment and facilities maintenance, and oversight of animal care. The VNC Manager functions as a CVT/VNC in a teaching environment and responds daily to student, faculty and programmatic needs. Will be required to interact with all species of animals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage VNC staff including supervisory duties such as hiring, discipline and performance evaluations.
2. Ensure scheduling of VNCs and VNC lab assistants.
3. Ensure physical facility and equipment maintenance.
4. Manage inventory ordering and budget of all program supplies.
5. Oversee and monitors controlled substance log.
6. Maintain a high degree of organization and handles multiple priorities at any given time.
7. Provide technical support to VNC through quality control training.
8. Provide routine, medical, and husbandry animal care. Will be required to interact with all species of animals.
9. Supervise animal wards.
10. Supervise and coordinate student animal care duties in coordination with animal care instructors.
11. Maintain safety guidelines for students, animals, MSDS logs.
12. Maintain and operate equipment; order and maintain inventories of pharmaceuticals, food and supplies; maintain and supervise records.
13. Train and supervise Vet Tech student workers.
14. Manage procurement of animals for use in facilities
15. Maintain orderly Veterinary Medical Technology facility.
16. Assist with regulatory requirements.
17. Provide lab assistance including surgical assistance and monitoring of anesthesia.
18. Manage animal adoptions.
19. Perform medical procedures on a variety of animals as necessary.
20. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Certified Veterinary Technician licensed in Illinois.
2. Maintain CVT licensure by completing CE hours required by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation and renewing license every two years.
3. Graduation from an AVMA-accredited Veterinary Technician program.
4. Three (3) years of clinical experience.
5. Ability to assist with and perform a wide variety of routine medical, surgical and diagnostic procedures common to the veterinary practice setting.
6. Strong personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
7. Attentiveness to detail, excellent organizational skills, initiative, multitasking. 8. Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability and willingness to work cooperatively with a diverse population.
9. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other members of the college and community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional intelligence.
1. Management experience
2. English and Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
3. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal veterinary clinic/classroom physical demands.
2. Ability to move and lift animals, equipment and supplies up to 50lbs.
3. Vision correctible to 20/20.
4. Ability to transport animals between campus and community sites.
5. Ability to travel between campus locations and community events.