Part Time- Lab Tech II
Job posting number: #7087148 (Ref:16229674528)
Posted: October 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Coordinates prioritization, receipt and delivery of laboratory specimens.
- Verifies accurate documentation relative to specimen processing.
- Accepts or rejects specimens according to established standards and performs specimen investigation procedures to resolve lab specimen issues or problems.
- Prepares specimens for analysis; aliquots, transports and distributes specimens.
- Maintains tracking information for specimens.
- Maintains instrumentation and equipment along with its cleanliness.
- Performs preventive maintenance and record keeping procedures.
- Maintains appropriate workstation supplies and inventory.
- Maintains patient, specimen and tracking data using laboratory computer system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent.
- Three years of progressive lab experience may substitute for required education.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year experience in similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a laboratory-based major may substitute for 1 year of lab work experience.
- Typical physical demands include visual acuity and the ability to distinguish colors; manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment; may require extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.