CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Job posting number: #7086716 (Ref:hlj_33192)
Posted: October 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, "To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Our Gynecological Oncology Clinic schedules 30 patients on a daily basis to receive care in relation to:
- A confirmed diagnosis of ovarian, cervical, vaginal, vulvar or endometrial/uterine cancer, germ cell tumors or gynecologic sarcoma
- Pre-invasive diseases of the cervix, vulva or vagina
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- A suspected diagnosis of any of the above conditions
- Elevated tumor markers that warrant further diagnostic testing
- Multiple risk factors, including a personal or family history of gynecological cancer, that warrant risk counseling and screening services
- Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, performing administrative functions and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
o Hematology oncology experience
o GYN experience as a registered nurse either in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
o Experience performing pelvic exams
o Experience performing GYN biopsies
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a GYN outpatient setting
- Medical Assistance experience in an outpatient clinic caring with a patient volume of 30 patients a day.
- Experience assisting with biopsies.
- Experience assisting with pregnancy tests.
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
- BLS Certification
- Experience performing lab draws and EKG testing.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.