CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Job posting number: #7086712 (Ref:hlj_33186)
Posted: October 7, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Infusion Center at Moffitt Cancer Center is where patients come to receive chemotherapy, intravenous medications and other blood products. Equipped to offer all of the latest technologies in a single convenient location, our Infusion Center provides blood and platelet transfusions, blood draws, hydration therapy, intravenous antibiotic infusions, injections, pharmaceutical services and pump disconnections, as well as traditional intravenous chemotherapy infusions.
Our Infusion Center has 46 beds and cares for 150 patients on a daily basis and is currently looking for a PRN (as needed) Certified Medical Assistant to join our team.
- Certified Medical Assistants are essential members of the clinic team. They contribute to the healthcare of patients by assisting with exams and procedures, organizing and managing patient flow, and taking on other responsibilities based on the needs of the department, including ensuring the comfort of our patients.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in an outpatient clinic setting as a Medical Assistant.
- Experience with accessing ports
- Experience performing lab work and EKG's.
- Assists patients with ambulation and/or movement on/off exam table, chairs and/or in and out of wheelchairs utilizing proper body mechanics and safety measures such as, lift equipment.
- After proper patient identification, performs initial patient screening, including vital signs, screening questions, allergy information, and medication history as appropriate. Notifies appropriate staff of positive screening or abnormal vital signs. Documents collected data completely and accurately in medical record including staff notifications. Loads images in preparation for provider visit, as needed. Ensures clinic patient flow is smooth and efficient. Keeps patients and clinical team informed of delays. Communicates effectively to patients, providers, nurses, and other team members.
- Assists practitioner in patient procedures/treatments/examinations, including room preparation, patient positioning, supplies, and equipment. Departs from clinic those patients that do not require nursing intervention. Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and universal precautions when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care or services based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in the assigned service area. Utilizes computerized systems according to departmental needs.
- Provides support to the provider during clinic by assisting with phone calls and faxes.
- Recognizes emergency situations and implements emergency procedures. Administers first aid and CPR.
Credentials and Qualifications:
-High School Diploma
-Certification or Registration from one of the following organizations:
American Association of Medical Assistants (AMAA)
American Medical Technologists (AMT)
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.