SPVR HIM SYSTEMS AND DATA ANALYSIS
Job posting number: #7086646 (Ref:hlj_32987)
Posted: October 6, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Supervisor HIM Systems & Data Analysis
- This position supervises, assigns and monitors daily tasks to be performed, as needed, for the HIM Data Analyst (back up for the HIM Database administrator/developer) and the HIM Systems Analyst I operational functions, as assigned.
- This position will perform quality reviews of daily tasks completed by HIM Data Analyst and HIM Systems Analyst I.
- This position is responsible for monitoring and providing feedback to improve KPIs.
- The Supervisor, HIM Systems Analyst I and HIM Data Analyst will be principally responsible for operations, maintenance, troubleshooting and downtime procedures of HIM informational systems.
- This position will act as a key resource for application implementation, testing and training of staff and clinicians on all HIM systems to include but not limited to Cerner (PowerChart and Profile), 3M/Softmed, Optum, Soarian, eScription One (dictation) and all other ancillary applications.
- Supervises, monitors and distributes work to staff involving any new system implementations, builds, testing, training and requests for data
- Assist in Health Information Management system testing
- Assist in Health Information Management systems training
- Systems management and operational assessment
- Monitor ticket dashboards, MPI queues, reconciliation lists and outstanding requests to ensure work is distributed and completed in a timely manner daily. Perform quality assessments on work completed
- Interviews, trains and monitors new and established work assignments for HIM Systems Analyst I and HIM Data Analyst. Work with HIM Database Administrator/Developer on coordination of work for HIM Data Analyst
- Collaborates and completes evaluations, coaching, counseling, education and team building
- Assists in communicating changes in policies, procedures and related task to HIM staff. Update policies pertaining to area, as needed
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; field of study – Health Information Technology or healthcare related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of Health Information Management systems development, implementation, and system support for HIM databases, coding interfaces, with SQL (structured query language) experience to ensure quality of system input/output data collection, producing reports and set management at both the functional and technical layers is required
- Minimum two (2) years of management and/or supervisory experience with HIM department with knowledge of Enterprise Computer-Assisted Coding, Professional Practice Computer-Assisted Coding, Soarian Financials billing system, Kronos time keeping systems, Lawson, Halogen and Concur.
- Demonstrate sound analytical skills in the evaluation of client needs and MPI management.
- Must have an understanding of HIM processes and its different modalities, how they function and interact/interface with one another as it relates to the EMR and all downstream applications.
- Basic knowledge of a computer network, its components, capabilities and limitations and functions.
- Understanding of interfaces and experience with HL7.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.