Procedural PA-C / APRN – Diagnostic Imaging
Based in the Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology Department, the Procedure Based Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner practices medicine within the scope of authority and privileges granted by Moffitt Cancer Center. This position provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), and serves as a member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
- Assists with the evaluation, management and treatment of a wide spectrum of patients with different medical problems, procedures and co-morbidities.
- Works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol(s).
The Ideal Candidate:
- Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, learning environment.
- The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with many specialists to coordinate and optimize patient care.
- Correlates subjective and objective data to formulate a differential or working diagnosis.
- Formulates treatment plans for medical conditions within scope of practice.
- May perform minor surgical procedures within scope of practice.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- Assists the Interventional Radiology physicians in the evaluation, management and treatment of patients.
- Work will be coordinated with other APP's and will support multiple radiologists.
- Primary specialty will be Interventional Radiology, but will work across all specialties based upon the clinical needs of the department.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, venous access device placement and removal (ports, tunneled and non-tunneled central lines), thoracentesis, paracentesis, image guided lumbar punctures with and without chemo administration, performing clinical consultations, patient history and physicals and obtaining consent for procedures within their scope of practice.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine; related experience specific to the department preferred