Job posting number: #7086421 (Ref:hlj_33070)
Posted: October 1, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
A few reasons why to join our Moffitt Team....
- One of the BEST Employee Referral Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Parental Leave and other Leaves
- Education Assistance
- And many, many more....
Preform services related to preparing and serving food for patients, cafeteria, and special functions using recipes and established standards of food safety, sanitation, infection control, and guest relations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supports co-workers by maintaining attendance requirements.
- Demonstrates willingness to adapt to changing individual and institutional roles, needs, and environment.
- Is dedicated to superior customer service and satisfaction.
- Consistently provides quality products/services.
- Maintains awareness and follows safety policies and procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Preparing quantities of food per production amounts according to scaled recipes.
- Keeping accurate records of food temps, holding temp, cooling temps, and reheating temps where applicable for patients, retail staff, and catering staff.
- Operation of food prep equipment.
- Maintaining standard levels of sanitation and general organization throughout shift.
- General maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and food storage areas.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Associate's Degree preferred.
- 2 years cooking experience in high volume kitchens required.
- Cooking from scratch experience preferred.
- Knowledge in modified diets is preferred.
- Firm knowledge of cooking techniques, cooking temperatures, and storage procedures.
- Ability to follow basic oral/written instructions in English (for the safety of our patients and staff in an emergency situation)
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.