Job posting number: #7085864 (Ref:15347)
Posted: September 22, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Nurse Assistant performs patient care tasks under the supervision and direction of the Registered Nurse
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and co-workers; transports patients and equipment as appropriate.
- Promptly answers patients’ call lights and requests.
- Reports observations of a patient to the nurse caring for the patient to ensure professional assessment.
- Instills confidence in the patient by maintaining a neat and attractive appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner.
- Shows dependability by being punctual, maintains consistent attendance.
- Maintains good working relations among all nursing unit personnel and other hospital employees through appropriate communication.
- Accepts reassignment as needed to provide necessary care for all patients.
- Performs hourly rounding.
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene: gives bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, shaves, and assists with showers.
- Provides for activities of daily living: assists with meals and feeds patients; ambulates, turns, and positions patients; provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Performs I&O: checks vital signs and weight; specimen collection; assist with post-mortem care.
- Provides for comfort needs of patients.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Utilizes resources and materials in an efficient and safe manner.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 40lbs.
- Transferring, repositioning patients.
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching for patient care functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast-paced environment.
Educational, Licensure, & Experience Requirements
- High school graduate required.
- Successful completion of nursing assistant course, or the equivalent, required.
- Previous acute care experience preferred.
- Current Ohio STNA license preferred.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider Training (obstructed airway adult/child/infant, CPR adult/child/infant, and AED training) certification required.
Keywords: PCNA, NA, Patient Care Nursing Assistant, Nurse Aide, Student Nurse Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Sitter, Home Health Aide, State Tested Nursing Assistant, STNA, CNA, PCA, HHA, Patient Care Nurse
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.