TALENT ACQUISITION ONBOARDING SPLST
Job posting number: #7085473 (Ref:hlj_32808)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Talent Acquisition Onboarding Specialist is responsible for the overall coordination of all onboarding activities and ensuring adherence with HR compliance items. The position serves as the main point of contact for candidates and new hires during the onboarding period, starting with hire and continuing through orientation, and regularly communicates and follows up with candidates, recruiters and hiring managers as to the status of a candidate’s onboarding progress. May also have responsibility for facilitating all processes around the screening and onboarding requirements for multiple Non-Employed Moffitt Personnel (NEMP) groups. Additionally, may have responsibility for facilitating all processes related to the onboarding requirements for Office of Clinical Education (OCE).
The Talent Acquisition Onboarding Specialist also has responsibility for the facilitation of processes surrounding the screening and onboarding requirements for Moffitt employees and NEMP. The Specialist must be able to recommend policy or procedure change when necessitated by a change in laws, regulations, or needs of the organization and facilitate updates to internal procedures to sync with any changes. The position collaborates with IT teams to ensure new hires have appropriate access to Moffitt's network and systems.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be familiar with state and federal laws and regulations, immigration visa statuses for trainees and scholars, and Moffitt procedures pertaining to Onboarding, NEMP programs and HR.
- Knowledge of Human Resource applications.
- Knowledge of state and federal compliance laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of JCAHO standards for HR compliance.
- Business functional knowledge in human resources.
- Familiarity with office organization, procedures, and protocols.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point. Knowledge of Lawson or similar ERP system is required.
- Excellent judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal assistance.
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess good customer service skills and ability to interact with various people groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Onboarding initiation and appointment scheduling. Coordinating updates and remote labs with Occupational health. Conducts new hire onboarding appointments.
- Using HRIS systems to enter data, track onboarding processes, and report onboarding activities. Ensure all requirements of onboarding are completed timely and working with others (i.e. recruiters, candidates, hiring managers) when they are not.
- Works with Moffitt teams outside of HR to make sure badges are created, IT access is initiated, and only “cleared” individuals receive access to orientation, hospital properties and its systems.
- Compliance activities such as verifying licensure through primary source; verifying I-9 documentation and completing submission through third-party vendor; reviewing background screenings and dispositioning candidates accordingly.
- Stays abreast of laws and regulations that pertain to HR and makes recommendations for policy and procedural changes to HR Management. Makes updates to any parts of an HR process to ensure compliance with changes in laws and regulations.
- NEMP/RESEARCH or OCE SPECIFIC: Initiates, follows through to completion, and maintains Affiliation Agreements and Certificates of Insurance with colleges, universities, and applicable academic institutions in collaboration with the Office of General Counsel (OGC) or external counsel.
- NEMP/RESEARCH or OCE SPECIFIC: Coordinates with Office of General Counsel (OGC) to ensure NEMP onboarding experiences match specific contract language and that IT access matches the need of the individuals from the contracted agency. Maintains awareness of any variations between contracts to ensure the Onboarding Reps work according to specific contracts to screen an individual.
- RESEARCH SPECIFIC: Works with OGC and Moffitt's Oncology Networks to establish relationships with organizations and individuals who will perform scholarly activities at Moffitt and ensures that schedules for those visitors are coordinated with faculty mentors on site to provide meaningful experiences. Ensures that international visitors have visas appropriate for their scheduled experiences and is an ARO to check in those visitors.
- NEMP/RESEARCH/OCE SPECIFIC: Creates and maintains roles and reporting structures for NEMP in HRIS systems to ensure automated processes work as needed. Creates and maintains documentation that confirms the type of IT access needed by the roles within those systems.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a business operation support role.
- Progressive administrative experience in Human Resources, legal, or academic institution.
- Previous HR Onboarding experience in a health care organization.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.