Job posting number: #7085461 (Ref:hlj_32815)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
For cancer patients with already compromised immune systems, what starts as a minor medical issue can rapidly escalate into an emergency requiring care from a team of dedicated professionals familiar with managing the side effects and complications of cancer and cancer treatment.
Moffitt Urgent Care provides expedited treatment and care 24 hours a day, seven days a week for Moffitt patients. This allows Moffitt to treat more patients with urgent cancer related needs on-site. Moffitt Urgent Care has 27 dedicated beds. The staff consists of a Medical Attending, Mid-level Providers, Registered Nurses, Medical Office Assistants and Hospital Unit Coordinators.
The Moffitt Urgent Care medical team is fully trained to diagnose and treat many common cancer-related, medical and surgical complications, and side effects of cancer treatment such as:
- Neutropenic fevers
- Shortness of breath
- Intractable nausea/vomiting
- Intractable pain
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse for our Urgent Care.
- Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
- Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
- Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
- Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2 years of inpatient hospital experience
- Emergency or Critical Care Experience
- Telemetry experience
- Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
- Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
- BCLS Certification
- Valid and Active RN License
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.