Job posting number: #7085404 (Ref:138942)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs pickup and delivery of laboratory specimensto designated areas using appropriate handling, storage and transportation methods, according to established route and schedule.
- Verifies that the delivery has been completed properly.
- Documents that all items are picked up and delivered, making sure that barcodes are scanned and signatures are obtained where appropriate.
- Submits daily route sheets, accident reports, maintenance records and mileage reports.
- Checks all vehicle fluid levels daily and performs basic safety checks of mechanical operations; reports any malfunctions and problems to the section leader for correction.
- Establishes and maintains positive client relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid state driver’s license (VDL), a good driving record, obtain and maintain eligibility as determined by CCF’s insurance carrier’s requirements to operate Foundation vehicles
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize deliveries and pick-ups.
- Good working knowledge of geographical area, ability to read maps and follow directions.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- One year of experience as a courier is preferred.
- Typical physical demands include full body motion including ability to lift and transport medium weight materials up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to spend long hours driving and working in all weather conditions
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.