Semi-full Time RN Specialist Vascular Access
Job posting number: #7085399 (Ref:132116)
Posted: September 16, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Evaluates/Screens patients for potential vascular access devices; consults physician when such device is recommended; obtains orders for device placement; facilitates insertion process.
- Evaluates patients and places PICC lines in accordance with policy and practice standards, assesses and follows patient pre- and post-procedure.
- Acts as a resource for vascular access devices; monitors, reassesses and trouble-shoots problems, repairs devices, facilitates de-clotting of devices as appropriate.
- Maintains vascular access database for patients with PICC lines.
- Maintains medical records relating to PICC insertion and vascular access activities.
- Coordinates nursing care and discharge planning for patients with vascular access devices.
- Assists in developing forms, policies, and procedures pertaining to specialized vascular access device care, monitors compliance.
- Compiles statistical reports regularly.
- Develops, monitors, and reports QI and PI monitors for PICC lines.
- Evaluates equipment used in vascular access program.
- Educates nurses, residents and other medical staff about vascular access devices.
- Oversees and assists with education and certification related to vascular access devices and PICC line insertions.
- Participates in research activities related to vascular access and PICC program.
- Maintains PICC insertion database for all AGMC sites.
- Integrates research findings into practice.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Remains flexible to work in and cross train between other areas in the Heart and Vascular Center.
- Supports and participates in community wellness programs.
- Serves as preceptor for university students in nursing and/or other health sciences.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience in appropriate setting with graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- RN license to practice in Ohio. Expected to obtain and retain certification as a PICC Inserter within two years on the job.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work variable hours Monday through Saturday.
- Three (3) years medical/surgical nursing with vascular access experience.
- Experience in teaching.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.