Postdoctoral positions in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Stroke
Job posting number: #7085358
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: October 13, 2021
Job DescriptionThe laboratory of Drs. Ted and Valina Dawson seek applications for positions to study Parkinson’s disease and stroke using novel technologies developed in the Dawson lab.
We are seeking candidates with a PhD or MD/PhD degree in the fields of neuroscience, stem cell biology, molecular biology, cell biology, neurology, bioinformatics or biochemistry. Required is a demonstrated record of achievements and publications. Candidates are expected to have excellent organizational and communication skills and critical thinking abilities to engage in interactive and discovery driven research. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Positions currently open
1) Position open to study the neurocircuitry of Parkinson’s disease. Candidates should have a background in neuroscience or neurology. Candidates with experience using viral vectors, optogenetics, stereotaxic surgery, RNAseq, single-cell seq, and microscopy are preferred.
2) Position open in the study of stem cells in Parkinson’s disease, stroke and cell death. Candidates must have experience in the culture, differentiation and analysis of ES and/or iPS cells.
3) Position open to study basic mechanisms of Parkinson’s disease, stroke and cell death. Expertise in biochemistry, ubiquitination, or poly(ADP-ribose) biology is preferred.
4) Position open to study to neuroinflammation and its role in Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. Expertise in adaptive and/or innate immunity is preferred.
5) Position open in structural biology. Expertise in protein biochemistry and protein crystallization or cryo-EM is preferred.
Applicants should submit their CV, a letter outlining interest and goals, and names and contact information of three references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and only job-related qualifications will be required.