Database Administrator for Data Warehouse and Analytics Technology
Job posting number: #7085334 (Ref:BSU27053)
Posted: September 15, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years, or
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the enterprise database server environment (Oracle and Microsoft SQL Servers), providing analysis, design, development, implementation, documentation, backup, restore and additional routine types of database support.
- Maintain database servers and software to ensure that it is up to date and configured with best practices as defined by the software vendor and university policies.
- Build and maintain a working knowledge of warehouse systems. Support data management and reporting from the warehouse.
- Perform performance testing, monitoring, and analysis on databases and servers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all systems.
- Evolve existing systems, processes and procedures with best practices in database analysis, design, and creation. Support process improvement within and outside of IT.
- Support creating and migrating ETL processes into production, and documenting system changes.
- Resolve data issues as directed by the supervisor and data stewards.
- Provide rapid incident response and speedy resolution for database problems. Document resolutions to incidents and prepare operational plans to ensure that the incident is not repeated.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with service providers, vendors, other IT departmental units and other areas of the university.
- Support the use of appropriate information security controls to protect systems. Manage user access to all enterprise databases in accordance with the policies determined by the Director of Enterprise Information Systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.