IT PROFESSIONAL II
Job posting number: #7085178
Posted: September 13, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY:
The IT Professional II provides tier-1 technology support within the ITS End-User Services Team for multiple sites within the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health (DFMCH), and coordinates delivery of services to department customers. This position reports to and works under the general supervision of the IT Manager and requires a broad knowledge of general IT concepts, principles, practices, and techniques and expertise spanning multiple technologies across data network, file server, hardware, mobile technology, cloud-based systems, and software platforms. Other primary responsibilities of this position include IT equipment procurement and inventory maintenance. In addition, the IT Professional will provide general assistance and backup support for other DFMCH ITS staff members, focus on supporting the operational needs, education priorities, and research mission of the department, and perform other miscellaneous projects.
If you're looking for an exciting position in IT and have a passion for working in higher education and healthcare, this may be the position for you.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
List of Duties
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
DEGREE AND AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
No Degree Required.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum one year of basic Help Desk/Information Technology service desk experience required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop operating systems: Windows 10 and Windows 7 required.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting and repairing PC computer hardware and software required.
- Expert knowledge in troubleshooting, installing, and use of Microsoft operating systems and use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Apple-based computers and IOS (iPads and iPhones) devices required.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following experience:
- Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and ability to establish and maintain relationships with management and staff.
Prefix assignment determined by years of relevant work experience.
A minimum of 7 years of experience is required for an appointment at the senior level.