Room Service Aide
Job posting number: #7084266 (Ref:25264)
Posted: August 31, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
I. Basic Purpose:
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food; cleans kitchen area and cooking utensils.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Sets up and serves patient trays in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
4. Cleans the kitchen area (including sweeping and mopping of floors) and cooking utensils.
5. Carries dishes and foods between kitchen and serving lines.
6. Operates dishwasher to ensure all dishes and utensils are clean.
7. Prepares cold food items for patient trays.
8. Prepares coffee and urns for food service.
9. Prepares, loads, transports and cleans food carts.
10. Collects, processes, and disposes of trash, cans, bottles, and similar debris and transports to disposal area.
11. Serves on tray assembly line in assigned position.
12. Prepares and delivers supplies to areas within the facility.
13. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
14. Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
15. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
16. Attends meetings as required.
17. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
18. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill the requirements of this position a candidate may have less than high school; on-the-job training; ability to follow written and oral instructions and follow established procedures.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.