Postdoctoral Fellowship in Emory Winship Cancer Institute
Job posting number: #7080494
Posted: June 28, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
Two Post-Doctoral Research Fellow positions are available immediately under the guidance of Dr. Yong Teng (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yong-Teng-2) to study molecular basis underpinning cancer metastasis, metabolism, and immunity. Using animal models (e.g., orthotopic and PDX models, transgenic mice) along with functional genomics (e.g., CRISPR-Cas9 or shRNA lentivirus), the Post-Doctoral Fellow will work in a NIH-funded laboratory to understand and reverse the molecular mechanisms involved in cancer progression and treatment resistance. The successful applicants will also be dedicated to developing novel anticancer strategies and combination therapy to achieve better clinical outcomes.
The position provides a salary higher than internationally competitive rates for postdoctoral positions, in addition to substantial benefits. The successful candidate will benefit from a dynamic and highly collaborative environment and the opportunity to interact with the extended scientific community at Emory Winship Cancer Institute. Members of this team are encouraged to present their research at international meetings.
1. Ideal candidates must have a PhD, have basic experience in standard laboratory techniques for molecular biology/genetics and/or immunology.
2. Preference to applicants who are finishing graduate school or have less than 3 years of postdoctoral experience.
3. Candidates are expected to be able to work independently and possess strong interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
4. Candidates will be motivated, detailed, goal-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
5. Prior work experience within the field of cancer biology or translational medicine is a plus but not required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a current CV with a publication list to Prof. Teng via email: email@example.com