Information Technology Analyst for Student Success
Job posting number: #7079702 (Ref:BSUhttps://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/25289)
Posted: June 10, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Ball State University Information Technology is seeking an Information Technology Analyst for Student Success. In this role you will work with area functional team members to understand, build, support, manage and enhance our student success and retention processes. You will partner with Online and Strategic Learning and IT support services to develop best-in-class training, support, and documentation to grow our student experience. If you are interested in this type of work, please apply.
Job Function:Provide expertise, direction, guidance, and support as a member of the Enterprise Project Support Office (EPSO) needed to ensure the ongoing best-practice implementation and deployment of enterprise technologies to support student retention and success. Work collaboratively with EPSO and functional unit team members to identify, select, implement, support and maintain enterprise-level technology solutions, particularly those technologies and systems that support student success and related strategic objectives. Provide in-depth technical services ranging from break-fix to systems integration, strategic technology planning, development, and design.
Minimum Education:1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university by date of appointment. Or, in lieu of Bachelor’s degree:
2. Associate’s degree plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to two years.
3. High school diploma or GED plus an additional combination of education or experience in IT equivalent to four years
Preferred Education:Master’s degree in a technology or business-related program.
Minimum Experience:At least two years working with information systems and one-year project management experience; demonstrated experience in providing technical analysis of complex business processes; ability to identify and create efficiencies and improvements of those processes.
Preferred Experience:Five years of experience working in an IT environment and two years of project management experience with large multi-faceted projects at a higher educational institution providing technology solutions at a managerial or leadership level. Experience in college student personnel or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Together with EPSO and functional team members, relevant vendors, and client stakeholders, ensure the efficient, effective, and best-practice implementation of enterprise technologies and systems to support the strategic goals and objectives of the functional units.
- Work closely with relevant technology vendors to explore and understand the evolving best-practice implementation of their solutions. Work with internal BSU teams to ensure the BSU deployment of these systems maximizes the potential benefit of these systems for Ball State. Work with functional unit leadership to help drive adoption of enhanced functions and features of these systems to optimize return on our investment in these solutions.
- Coordinate technical aspects of enterprise systems implementations, deployments, and management to support student retention and success, working with other members of the EPSO and functional team to ensure optimal deployment and ongoing operation of these systems.
- Serve as the technical system administrator for enterprise systems supporting student success and retention, and as the vendor liaison for the technical support and deployment of these systems.
- Partner with Online and Strategic Learning and IT support services to develop best-in-class training, support, and documentation for technology solutions supporting student success and retention. Ensure these materials are kept up-to-date, high-quality, revised as needed to reflect technology changes or updates.
- Help coordinate the change management associated with the sunsetting of legacy systems or adoption of new systems and technology solutions that support retention and student success.
- Conduct strategic, technical and process feasibility reviews of technology requests and proposed plans. Work with other EPSO and IT staff members to examine projected impact of all requests on existing technologies and processes.
- In collaboration with functional units, perform efficiency analysis of existing business processes and identify areas for enhancement though technology automation and process refinement.
- Maintain strong working relationships with other IT staff, functional unit staff, vendors, external service providers, consultants, and others to accomplish the responsibilities outlined herein.
- As needed and directed by EPSO leadership, facilitate meetings with functional team members and/or IT resources to assess and support functional areas initiatives, projects or open incidents.
- Keep EPSO leadership informed of progress, issues, and concerns, and escalate unresolved or critical issues to EPSO leadership as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.