Clinical Assistant Professor, Physician Assistant Studies, Muskogee
Job posting number: #7074239
Posted: January 20, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionDescription of Position
Northeastern State University (NSU) invites applications for a 12 month, non-tenure track position as Principal Faculty of Physician Assistant Studies (PAS) program at NSU. The faculty will be involved in developing the curriculum for the program and ensuring the program meets expectations for accreditation by ARC-PA. The PA program is housed on the NSU Muskogee campus.
This position reports to the Program Director; duties to include:
· Responsible for maintaining compliance with ARC-PA Standards related to curriculum requirements and outcomes.
· Participate in all activities of the admissions process and serve on the PAS Admissions committee.
· Participate and serve on the PAS Student Progress Committee.
· Participate and serve on the PAS Operational Committee.
· Communicate effectively with the program director and all faculty/staff with duties or tasks that are assigned.
· Participate in activities of state and national organizations concerned with the profession in order to promote a positive image of the PA profession and that of the NSU PA Program within the academic and professional communities.
· Serve on department, college, and university committees as requested.
· Participate in ARC-PA related activities including application preparation, site visit activities and updates on new Standards.
Teach assigned course load and will participate in all educational activities necessary to meet the demands of the program
All full-time NSU employed PA program faculty members will be required to participate in each of the following program activities:
1. Developing, reviewing and revising as necessary the mission statement for the program.
2. Selecting applicants for admission to the PA program.
3. Providing student instruction
4. Evaluating student performance
5. Academic counseling of students
6. Assuring the availability of remedial instruction
7. Designing, implementing, coordinating, evaluating, curriculum and
8. Evaluating the program.
• Serve as an academic advisor for PA students.
• Participate in professional development activities. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include scholarship, research, service, and/or creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
• Clinical practice, research, or education advancement release time may be available with approval.
• Perform other functions in support of the program as requested by the Program Director.
The successful candidate will be expected to engage in scholarly activities.
Experience in PA medical education with demonstrated abilities in teaching and curriculum development preferred, but will accept applications from outstanding candidates with little or no teaching experience.
Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing); basic PC knowledge and skills.
Ability to work independently and as a team member as well as commitment to maintaining high professional standards, teaching excellence, and to encourage student engagement in the learning process.
Commitment to diversity and cultural sensitivity.
Graduation from an accredited physician assistant program or other health related field.
Master’s degree in physician assistant studies.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
Must have current NCCPA certification and ability to maintain NCCPA certification with minimum of three years of clinical experience.Eligibility for licensure in the state of Oklahoma.