SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST II
Job posting number: #7072525 (Ref:hlj_28170)
Posted: November 24, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technologist II acts as a scrub person or assists circulator who handles instruments, supplies and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure.
- The Surgical Technologist II will anticipate the needs of the surgeon and surgical team and has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care.
- The Surgical Technologist II is responsible for assisting with support services in the delivery of care to operative patients, including transportation, independent inventory management, environmental cleanliness and direct assistance to patients, visitors and staff.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2 years’ experience as a Surgical Technologist in any Operating room environment
- CST Certification through either National Center for Competency testing (NCCT) or National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- Scrub experience
- Experience in Ortho, Robotic surgery and Thoracic
- Prepare and maintain sterile field
- Support the surgical team through the surgical procedure
- Assist the Registered Nurse, Anesthesia and Surgical team in developing a plan of care for each surgical procedure
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved Surgical Technologist program required or 10 years relevant experience can be considered in lieu of surgical technology program or certification.
- CST Certification must be through either National Center for Competency testing (NCCT) or National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- 2 years relevant clinical experience as a Surgical Technologist in an OR environment preferred.
- CST certification is required upon hire and maintained throughout employment.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.