HR Technology Solutions Architect - Office of Human Resources-2015348
Job posting number: #7069276
Posted: August 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
It is an exciting time to join the Carnegie Mellon community. Founded in 1900 by Andrew Carnegie, the institution has soared to national and international leadership in higher education and research. A birthplace of innovation since its founding, the university continues to be renowned for creativity, solutions to real-world problems, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Our alumni have earned distinction around the globe — from Nobel-Prize recipients to Tony-Award winners, from Wall Street CEOs to Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, and from groundbreaking educators to pioneering researchers.
Human Resources at Carnegie Mellon is committed to supporting faculty and staff members' success through every stage of their employment at the university. We support the Carnegie Mellon 2025 strategic plan through driving efficient, effective, and nimble business practices to support the needs of an evolving university community. We recruit and retain outstanding people at all levels while fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion, and support for professional and personal development.
The Human Resources team is searching for an HR Technology Solutions Architect. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by providing essential support of the division’s information systems that directly impact human resource functions and integrate with campus wide systems. You will work closely with internal HR partners, as well as campus partners to support Workday activity and other information systems within Carnegie Mellon University.
Core responsibilities will include:
• Process development and improvement: Assist with the development of new processes to support the efficient, effective, and compliant use of HRIS system(s). Identify inefficiencies in existing processes, develop, and implement new processes to eliminate these inefficiencies.
• System and process documentation: Assist with collecting requirements, documenting, and configuring business processes in accordance with department and University standards.
• System support: Research and resolve issues related to system operation and performance; optimizing and extending functionality as well as testing and delivering solutions.
• Operational and functional support: Provide support to end users in day-to-day operations, with a main focus on Tier 3 support to Central and Federated CMU Works service center resources; assist in analyzing and building reports.
• Project management: Contribute to projects as needed.
You should have strong analyst skills and enjoy working in a highly collaborative team on a broad array of disciplines within the HR/Payroll domain. You should also have broad experience in HCM applications and a real passion for delivering solutions in a unique, challenging environment.
Flexibility, problem solving, an exceptional customer focus, integrity, and willingness to learn are important qualities within Human Resources. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. We are seeking someone with a positive approach who shares our values and who is committed to supporting the mission of the university through their work.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. A degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Human Resources is preferred; Master’s degree in same disciplines is also preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience as a systems analyst supporting HRIS/HCM/payroll/time tracking systems required.
• Prior experience with Workday, ADP, Salesforce, and Taleo strongly preferred.