Medical Technologist I/II
Job posting number: #7069172
Posted: August 26, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
Performs professional analyses, tests, and diagnostic procedures in a medical laboratory.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
1) Conducts chemical analysis of specimens; including blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components
2) Operates, maintains, and cleans equipment used in quantitative analysis
3) Performs quality controls in testing and decides if results are within acceptable ranges and researches and corrects problems
4) Prepares a variety of culture media for the development and identification of organisms
5) Enters data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into the data management system
6) Trains and directs lab assistants, staff, and students on proper methods of collection of specimens and laboratory testing
7) Inventories supplies, materials, and equipment for economic efficiency of lab
8) Prepares technical reports on procedures and results of laboratory tests and examinations
9) Performs clerical duties to include answering phones, filing, labeling and record keeping.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job.