Director of Enterprise Information Systems - REVISED
Job posting number: #7067502
Posted: July 3, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
The Director of Enterprise Information Systems is a full-time, 12-month position located primarily on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC. Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Information Technology Services and CIO, the Director of Enterprise Information Systems is responsible for providing application systems and data center server support for all constituencies of the college including students, faculty, staff and visitors. The Director of Enterprise Information Systems directs the College in the global planning and implementation for information technology application systems needs and providing solutions to support the strategic plan and mission of the college. The Director of Enterprise Information Systems is responsible for directing the College’s enterprise systems and related server hardware.
Essential Duties Summary
• Assists in managing and continually updating Information Technology Policies and Procedures for the College.
• Manages the administration of the College’s Enterprise Resource Planning System (Colleague), by addressing configuration issues, applying any operating system and application patches, troubleshooting any hardware and/or software problems and performing data backups.
• Manages the design, implementation, configuration, maintenance and support for server hardware, server operating systems and enterprise applications.
• Develops and manages the server hardware and enterprise software standards for the College.
• Supervises the administration of application systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
• Manages the security program for the protection of enterprise data in central storage.
• Works with faculty, staff, and administration to maximize use of computer services.
• Develops and monitors on-going employee training.
• Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
• Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
• Performs other duties as designated by the Associate VP for ITS and CIO of the college.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Five or more years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, and Group Policy proficiency
• Five or more years of experience in VMWare or Hyper V virtualization
• Ability to negotiate and manage contracts and projects with outside vendors
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Five or more years of leadership and managerial experience in an enterprise systems environment
• Certifications in information technology
• Experience in an educational environment
• Proficiency in Office 365
• Proficiency in Ellucian Colleague
• Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint
• Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
• Proficiency in SAN operations
• Familiar with information security best practices
• IT project management experience