Director, Information Systems & Technology (Clinical & Business Systems)
Job posting number: #7066667
Posted: June 3, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC), established in 1971, offers a full continuum of evidence based behavioral health and addiction services for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors throughout New Jersey. UBHC’s 1,060 experienced behavioral health professionals and support staff are dedicated to treatment, prevention, and education. UBHC, one of the largest providers of behavioral health care in the country, has a budget of $260 million and has 15 sites throughout New Jersey. Services are readily accessible and include: inpatient, outpatient, partial hospitalization, screening, crisis stabilization, family/caregiver support, community outreach and case management, supportive housing, supported employment, prevention and consultation, employee assistance programs, and a licensed therapeutic school from preschool through high school. Specialty services include the New Jersey suicide prevention helpline and peer help lines for police, veterans, active military, teachers, mothers of special needs children and child protective service workers. In FY2016, UBHC treated 16,199 consumers, had 24,502 admissions, and touched the lives of 19,441 individual callers through peer support. In addition, UBHC is the primary mental health training resource for the New Jersey departments of Human Services, Children and Families, and Corrections, delivering 16,000 trainings each year.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Director, Information Systems & Technology (Clinical & Business Systems) for the Information Services Department at Rutgers, University Behavioral Health Care (UBHC).
The Director is responsible for leadership, management and direction in the selection, planning, development, implementation, optimization and ongoing management of UBHC information systems and technologies. Understands the IT needs of the organization and coordinates those needs with the overall strategic direction of IT and the enterprise. Defines high-level clinical and business application strategies, guidelines and standards that balance short and long-term objectives in a practical manner. Directs research and development activities relating to the qualification or re-qualification of new and existing applications. Oversees research and the piloting of new, innovative technologies and applications. Coordinates cross-functional teams to ensure fulfillment of requirements and the evaluation of performance. Directs the development of implementation and migration plans for new feature and maintenance releases or service packs, ensuring timely delivery and smooth transition to optimal utilization. Oversees all IT projects and keeps leadership apprised of key metrics and milestones. Ensures that the highest standards for quality, security and service are maintained.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Directs the design, development, testing, implementation, life-cycle management and support of existing and new applications including their alignment with supporting clinical and business processes. Plays the lead role in driving successful adoption across all levels.
• Responsible for Capital Plan, and Operational and Project Budgets, keeping senior administration informed of expenses.
• Works closely with the Supervisors and appropriate user management to prepare and administer a budget reflecting approved technology plans; manages expenses to the budget.
• Directs the continued implementation of Vista and other software applications for UBHC.
• Directs the creation of specifications to acquire equipment, services, or outside consulting support as required.