Full-Time Instructor, Health Sciences
Job posting number: #7066567
Posted: May 28, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
Full-time, Faculty, 9-month Academic position – Health Sciences/Phlebotomy/Medical Assisting Faculty
This is a full-time, tenure-track, benefited faculty position beginning Fall Semester, August 2020.
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019!
Our student body reflects the growing diversity of our community: 55% of our students identify as white, 36% as Hispanic, 2% as Asian, 2% as African-American, and 2% as multiracial. Aims Community College is committed to serving all of our students, including populations that are traditionally underserved in higher education, and we welcome applicants who share a commitment to inclusive excellence.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The faculty member will conduct their assignments and co-curricular college activities in a manner consistent with the philosophy and purposes of Aims Community College as stated in the school catalog.
The primary purpose of the faculty member is to teach. The faculty member is also responsible for scholarly and creative activities (professional development) and service to the college. The following list provides detailed expectations for this full-time faculty position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF FULL-TIME FACULTY:
1. Provide effective and high-quality instruction and assessment.
2. Continually refine and modernize curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of Aims Community College; develop curriculum as assigned.
3. Teach a variety of courses associated with the Health Sciences, with primary focus on Nutrition courses.
4. Additionally, full-time faculty are expected to:
a. Collaborate on the creation and oversight of curriculum
b. Support part-time faculty through meetings and answering questions
c. Work with the Tutoring Center to help ensure consistency of instruction
d. Keep the department chair informed of issues, concerns, or highlights from the classroom.
5. Maintain currency in your field of expertise.
6. Use computer technology to enhance student learning.
7. Ensure availability to students by providing opportunities for answering questions and providing support outside of the classroom. This can take the form of formal office hours, phone call availability, synchronous chat, or other such options as long as you make availability clear to students and are responsive to their needs.
8. Be available to teach on any campus/outreach site at any scheduled time as assigned. Efforts are made to accommodate faculty preferences, but all faculty must provide flexibility to accommodate student scheduling needs as our top priority.
9. Provide meaningful participation on college committees or organizations by seeking out areas of interest and being supportive of department and college needs.
10. Actively participate in college efforts to enhance student persistence and retention.
11. Assist in the implementation of institutional, divisional, or department goals as assigned.
12. Initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies, business and other educational institutions as assigned.
13. Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience.
14. Demonstrate a knowledge of developmental education theory and student development theory, and develop strategies to meet students wherever they are in their knowledge and ability level to help them successfully reach the course outcomes.
15. Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College’s Mission Statement, Purposes, Philosophy and commitment to Affirmative Action.
16. Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Academic Dean.
Functional Attributes of Job Duty
1. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nutrition or hold a current Registered Dietitian (RD) license.
3. Experience working in the field of nutrition.
4. Evidence of prior teaching/training in health occupation related area(s).
5. Hold or qualify for a full-time, post-secondary vocational instructor’s teaching credential as a Health Occupations Instructor issued by the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and administrators.
7. Ability to work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility.
8. Willingness to work at other campus locations as needed.
1. Experience in a community college teaching environment, curriculum writing and alternative delivery instruction.
2. Experience in instruction of Nutrition courses at the community college level or above.
3. Experience in multiple types of health care settings.
4. Computer literacy (Microsoft Office products)
5.Hold CPR (AHA Healthcare Provider Level) Certification or have ability to obtain.
6. Registered (or Certified) Medical Assistant.
7. Registered (or Certified) Phlebotomy Technician.
8. Experience teaching and supporting traditionally undeserved student populations.
9. Experience teaching online and/or training in online course development.