Staff Nurse Abstractor
Fort Worth, TX
Job posting number: #7066509
Posted: May 26, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionSalary Information Salary Commensurate With Experience
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics and Women’s Health is to continuously improve the quality and value of our education, pediatric and women’s health care, research, and community service programs. We are dedicated to educating doctors and physician assistants and providing the North Texas Community quality pediatric medical care and community health services.
The purpose is to perform full time abstraction of medical records of pregnancy-related/pregnancy-associated deaths and provide quality assurance (QA) on the abstraction reports of other Abstractors.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (RN) and three (3) years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A current unrestricted Texas RN License is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• An interest in maternal mortality from a clinical and public health perspective.
• Knowledge of current practice guidelines and best practices
• Recent clinical experience
• Ability to practice self-care.
Required License / Registration / Certification
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, RN, LPN or background in nursing, medical records or related medical field.
• Minimum of 2 years in nursing, OBGYN department, medical records abstraction, or medical records technology experience preferred.
40 hours, normally Monday – Friday, 8-5. Some weekends. To be determined by needs of Department.
Driving University Vehicle No
Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Classification Title Staff Nurse
Physical Requirements Lifting up to 25 pounds, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hear
• Provide support in the area of medical record abstraction of women who have died within one year of giving birth.
• Complete all required trainings to have access to records.
• Re-abstracting or re-review of cases returned by DSHS/CDC to the abstractors for quality assurance or completeness.
• Additional abstraction or re-review of cases returned by DSHS/CDC to the abstractors to obtain additional information as needed in regular timely manner.
• Provide enhanced surveillance and abstraction on an ad hoc basis (i.e. cluster investigations, special studies, emergency response).
These duties are not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the Department.