Research Associate I_Immunology
Job posting number: #7066481 (Ref:hlj_26101)
Posted: May 25, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Avram Lab investigates mechanisms of regulation of immune response to pathogens and tumors. Additional studies include colonic inflammation and mechanisms regulating cellular transformation in colon cancer.
- The research associate will conduct experiments relevant to the projects in the lab and will report to Dr. Avram, postdocs and research scientist
- The research associate will be trained in genotyping by PCR, Western blot analysis, immune cell isolation and flow cytometry and will conduct experiments using these techniques
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideal candidate should have good understanding of molecular biology and immunology
- Ideal candidate should have basic experience working with mice
- Ideal candidate should have experience in molecular biology techniques, cell culture, Western Blot, PCR, FACS. Level of position will be based on prior experience.
- Candidate should have some experience in laboratory techniques
- Will be responsible to conduct experiments including genotyping, PCR, western blotting, mouse husbandry, tissue isolations, FACS.
- Assist other members of the laboratory
- Administrative duties: maintain lab supply inventory, order lab supplies
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in biomedical sciences or related field is required
- Hands-on research experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and coordinate experiments with other members of the team
- Ability to organize and present data clearly and concisely.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.