MOONLIGHTER - GENSURG
Job posting number: #7066462 (Ref:hlj_26113)
Posted: May 25, 2020
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
MOONLIGHTER-GENSURG (In-House General Surgeon)
- The In House General Surgeon practices surgery within the scope of authority and privileges granted by Moffitt Cancer Center by providing patient care under the auspices of Moffitt Medical Group; serving as member of the academic medical enterprise; and advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The In House General Surgeon remains in house for the duration of each shift. He/she is responsible for night and weekend coverage of urgent and emergent surgical critical care issues, including airway management issues involving Moffitt inpatients as a member of the rapid response and code team. The position supports patient care and patient safety. The In House General Surgeon will perform and/or staff with the in house APP or Resident staff night and weekend Surgical consults. He/she is responsible for discussing the new consults and critical care issues that arise on inpatients during the shift with the treating inpatient team and/or attending physician, when required.
- MD/DO or equivalent, required
- DEA License
- Must pass airway management training within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum Experience Required:
- Satisfactory completion of an accredited General Surgery residency program.
- Board Certification (or eligible) in General Surgery.
- Prior experience in an in-patient clinical practice setting is preferred.
- Job Specific Duties:
- Perform new Surgical consults.
- Supervise in house APP and/or Resident staff.
- Airway management during RRT or Code Blue activations.
- Placement of central venous access and other interventional procedures when deemed appropriate for acute clinical conditions.
- Preparation of the patient and coordination of the surgical team for urgent surgical procedures.
- Independently perform appropriate surgical procedures within the scope of assigned privileges and credentialing for the position.
- Conform and adhere to all applicable policies and procedures covering physician practices.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.