Job posting number: #7062585
Posted: December 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPosting Text
The Facilities & Services Department of South Dakota State University is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our Energy Systems staff. Responsibilities include planning, designing, and construction management of Mechanical Engineering projects. This position will provide support to the Engineering team in Utilities Management. This is a 12 month, full-time, benefit eligible position. This position is supervised by the Director of Energy Systems. Applicants who meet the preferred qualifications could be considered at a Senior Mechanical Engineer level.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
SDSU is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to and/or coordinate course offerings that address the experiences of underrepresented minorities in organizations. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field by start date.
• At least one year of related experience.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess the ability to analyze data.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Organized, detailed, and results oriented.
• Computer experience must include Microsoft Windows based e-mail, word processing and spreadsheets.
• Valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
• Current professional engineering registration.
• Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering by start date.
• At least four years of related experience.
• Ability to interpret construction documents.
• Organizational long/short range planning skills.
• Experience with applicable building life safety codes and best construction practices.
• Customer service experience.
• Knowledge of building HVAC systems.
• Knowledge or experience in project management.
South Dakota State University offers a wide range of benefits including medical, dental, and flexible benefits, retirement plans, compensation packages, paid holidays, and vacation leave. Employees also have access to internal and state-sponsored training as well as reduced tuition for state-supported courses at all State of South Dakota academic institutions.
This system will guide you through the electronic application form. This employment site will also require the attachment of a cover letter, which should specifically address how the candidate meets the qualifications as outlined in the advertisement, resume, and a reference page with the contact information for three professional references. Email applications will not be accepted. Please contact SDSU Human Resources at (605) 688-4128 if you require assistance with this process.
Any offer of employment is contingent on the university’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and/or university policies, including but not limited to, successful completion of a criminal background check.
South Dakota State University is a tobacco free environment.