Postdoctoral position in Immunotherapy and Genetics
Job posting number: #7062454
Posted: November 22, 2019
Job DescriptionA postdoctoral position is available in the Translational Research for Ultrasound Theranostics (TRUST) program within the Department of Radiology. The TRUST program is a growing team of multidisciplinary investigators developing novel ultrasound contrast agents and instrumentation approaches to diagnose and/or treat cancer and other conditions using minimally-invasive ultrasound-based therapies. The program is seeking a highly-motivated, enthusiastic and creative biologist with experience in molecular biology, immunotherapy and genetics. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in CAR T-cell therapy and surgical animal models.
1. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree.
2. Evidence in the ability to maintain a safe and organized workplace
3. Evidence of excellent note book handling and recording
4. Proven ability to rapidly learn and excel with new concepts, ideas, instruments and techniques
5. Proven ability to mentor more junior trainees
6. Evidence of fluency in written and spoken English
Preferred characteristics and skills:
1. Desire to work within multidisciplinary teams and relish in the collaborative effort
2. Self-motivated and able to independently conduct research with attention to details to ensure goals are met
3. Significant experience in lead roles on a variety of successful projects and collaborations
4. Evidence of excellent interpersonal and communications skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact at data and scientific meetings and prepare research summaries and publications
Information on our postdoctoral training program and benefits can be found in our Postdoc Handbook or at http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/postdocs.
Interested individuals should send a CV, statement of interests, and a list of three references to:
Caroline de Gracia Lux, PhD
UT Southwestern School of Medicine, Room D1.204
5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390-8514
UT Southwestern Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.