We are seeking a candidate who is enthusiastic, highly self-motivated, highly responsible, dedicated to science and problem solving, with excellent organizational skills and effective at working independently, while also collaborating and assisting the team in its collective research goals. Excellent attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects is expected. The position requires the candidate to have strong communication and written skills in English. Other responsibilities include:
- Performing routine tissue culture duties such as general cell culture maintenance, cell line construction, and verification.
- Strong background in biochemistry is highly desired.
- Project-oriented work using molecular and cellular biology techniques, in particular cell line-based work. Executing various molecular biology techniques including but not limited to DNA preparation, PCR, RNA isolation, qPCR, molecular cloning, immunoblotting, proliferation assays, drug/compound screening, protein purification, co-immunoprecipitation, microscopy, enzyme activity assay, etc. A strong candidate is expected to have successful experience in carrying out many of these procedures.
- Prior experience with animal procedures is required.
- Ensuring compliance with Baylor College of Medicine policies and SOPs, local and other applicable regulatory requirements and best practice guidelines.